Thursday, December 16, 2010

Top 10 Reasons You Won't Set Goals For 2011


That’s right!! You heard me! I bet you won’t do it!! I triple dog dare you!!!!

Here are my "Top 10" reasons why I believe you probably won't set goals for 2011.

10. UNAWARENESS: You ask, “Do I really need to have goals?”
9. APATHY: You’re probably content with your life as you know it.
8. BUSYNESS: You’ve got too much going on to even think about your goals.
7. FAILURE: You’ve never reached your previous goals.
6. SKEPTICISM: You think setting goals doesn’t really make a difference.
5. PASSIVITY: You never actually write your goals out.
4. LAZINESS: You say, “That takes to much time to think about.”
3. PROCRASTINATION: You know you really should, but you just don’t get around to it.
2. DOUBT: You think that you’ll forget them.
1. FEAR: You’re afraid you won’t keep them.

Proverbs 16:3 says, “Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your PLANS will succeed.” Later in Scripture we are told, “But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen!” (2 Peter 3:18).
I don’t know about you, but I believe these verses and I believe God wants me to be proactive about growing into the person He wants me to be. It doesn’t happen automatically though. We've got to plan our growth! 
Here are some areas to think about: Spiritual, family, financial, physical, personal growth, etc.

Come on now!! Prove me wrong!!!! Start working on some goals for 2011 !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment