Tuesday, May 10, 2011

SOMEBODY BIT ME!!!!

About four weeks ago, I was playing with my oldest son Cross in the backyard. He's only two years old and he hasn't quite figured out that everything outside isn't edible. For just a brief minute I took my eyes off of him and then it happened.

He was squatting down and eating the grit from the shingles on the roof that the rain had washed down one of the spouts. So I rushed right away to rescue him from the grit. I stuck my fingers in his mouth to get the grit out before he swallowed it, and then . . . . WHAM!!! It felt like the jaws of a Great White locking down on my thumb. Ouch!!!! Cross bit me!!

Here's my takeaway from this wonderful little incident.

  1. Sometimes, our worst pains come from those we love the most.
  2. Sometimes, people don't really intend to hurt us. They just want us out of their business.
  3. Sometimes, the pain is only temporary, but the scars remain for a long time. (Remember that this pic was taken 4 weeks after he bit me!)
  4. Sometimes, we have to just get over the offense and choose to love and forgive.
  5. Sometimes, the ones that hurt us need us the most. 
  6. Sometimes, our love for others should overlook the pain they cause us. 
I still love you Cross!!! I always will!

2 comments:

  1. That's such a cute story and your takeaway from it is so true. Thanks for sharing. Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Paula!! Thanks for reading it!

    ReplyDelete