Saturday, November 27, 2010

IT Is Coming!!!

It happens at the end of every year. Sometimes you look forward to it. Sometimes you dread it. Sometimes you stay up late waiting for it to come. Sometimes you’re ready for it. Sometimes you’re not. For some, it’s a chance at new beginnings. For others, it’s just another “whoopty-do.”

Can you guess what “it” is?  “It” is the New Year and as we used to say as kids, “Ready or not, here I come!” Whatever your feelings are towards a new year, only a few precious days remain until a brand new year of opportunities arrives.

Question #1: How is your life going to be different in 2011? Chances are that you haven’t even thought about it right???

Question #2: Are you seriously going to walk into it without plans for your life? Come on now . . . seriously! I’m not just talking about “resolutions.” I’m talking about the things that will matter in eternity that can only be accomplished in 2011 and can only be accomplished in your life. How is your spiritual life going to improve? Family life? Physical life? Financial life? Personal life? Church life?

I triple-dog dare you to go write some goals for your life. Go write down what you want to see God do in these areas of your life and review them regularly in 2011. Look at them every day! I bet you won’t do it!

“Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed” (Prov. 16:3). 

3 comments:

  1. Excellent point. This is very helpful both as a way to accept change and to be watchful for areas of our life where change is needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I highly recommend writing down your goals for the next year. I have done this the past few years. It is always good to look back at the goals at the end of the year. I don't meet several goals but I also have many unplanned accomplishments. I am definitely better for writing down my goals.
    -Cory

    ReplyDelete